TERMS & CONDITIONS OF BSGS COLLEGE
The prospective student must:
1. Fill out and sign the application form.
2. Pay the course fee IN FULL and IN ADVANCE or
3. Make an initial deposit/instalment at the discretion of the college and the terms agreed by both parties (eg. £180 to be paid initially and the remaining £180 the following week or month).
Once the course fee has been paid by the student and the application form signed, the student is bound by the Terms and Conditions of BSGS College.
Payment of tuition fees can be made by:
3. Bank Transfer
In the case of money sent by bank transfer, a period of up to 2 weeks must be allowed to conﬁrm payment. The same applies for cheque payments.
The fees paid for the course cover only tuition of the course by a qualiﬁed and trained teacher.
There is no registration fee.
LETTERS & CERTIFICATES
There is an admin fee of £15 charged for any documents required by the student such as enrolment letters, holiday letters, conﬁrmation of studies, certificates etc.
Certiﬁcates can only be issued upon completion of at least 3 months of study.
Requests for letters and certiﬁcates must be made at least one day in advance
The prospective student can have a free trial lesson (2 hours) if he/she requests it, before enrolling and paying for the course. If however the student does not require it or does not request it lie/she is not entitled to it once he/she has enrolled and paid for the course.
CHANGING CLASS TIMES
After starting a course, the student may need to change his/her original study time e.g. from mornings to afternoons or vice-versa. He/she is allowed to do so but only if:
1) The appropriate level exists at the desired new time. This can be checked at the reception timetable.
2) The new class is not full and there are places available for new students.
3) The student informs the receptionist of such changes each time it happens.
4) The student does not do more hours in a week than paid for.
If the student is found to be attending more classes than paid for (e.g. he/she has paid for 10 hours a week but attends 12 hours one week) then he/she forfeits his/her privilege to change class times in the future. It should be noted that this ﬂexibility is a privilege offered at the discretion of the college and is not an entitlement or automatic right and so may be withdrawn any time by the college if necessary.
RECOUPING DAYS MISSED
The student has paid for tuition and as long as his/her class is available and running it is his/her responsibility to attend classes at the requested time that he/she has paid for. If the student is absent for a class or classes within the course duration paid for, he may recoup the missed day(s) on condition that:
1) The class is recouped in the same week that the student could not attend at their usual time (recouping missed classes cannot be carried forward onto another week).
2) The appropriate level exists at the alternative time. This can be checked at the reception timetable.
3) The alternative class is not full and there are places available for other students.
4) The student informs the receptionist of such changes each time it happens.
5) The student does not do more hours in a week than paid for.
If the student is found to be attending more classes than paid for (eg. he/she has paid for 10 hours a week but attends 12 hours one week) then he/she forfeits his/her privilege to recoup missed days in the future. It should be noted that this allowance is a privilege offered at the discretion of the college and is not an entitlement or automatic right and so may be withdrawn any time by the college if necessary.
If a student does not attend for 5 days or more without informing the college his name will be taken off the register. If, however, he/she returns within the course duration that has been paid for, he/she will be reinstated into the register. Missed classes will still not be able to be recouped.
In the event that a student is late for classes or has to leave early (before the lesson ends) he/she cannot be compensated for in any way as it is his/her duty to arrive and leave on time.
If, however, the teacher is unreasonably and/or regularly late, then the student is entitled to recoup the missed time within the course period or by extending the course period at the end.
Sunday students may NOT recoup missed Sundays.
Bank holidays and weekends may NOT be recouped.
The college is closed for approximately 2 weeks over Christmas. Any days within this period that are not national holidays (eg. Christmas Eve, Boxing Day, New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day etc.) may be recouped after the Christmas break.
Students who fail to attend for more than 5 consecutive days without notifying the college may be terminated from the course and may forfeit their right to recoup the days missed. In such cases no refund will be given and the student may be required to re—enrol and pay for the course again.
Courses offered are subject to a minimum number of students and tutor availability. BSGS College reserves the right to alter, merge or cancel classes when necessary and at its discretion without liability. The college may also change teachers as required. If a class dwindles in size and is no longer economical then it may be merged with another class. The college will do its best to ensure that merged classes will be similar in level and the combined number of students not excessive. In the rare event that a class has to be cancelled, the student(s) affected may be offered another suitable class at the same or similar level. Failing that, the student may be entitled to a refund where no suitable (as defined by the College) alternative course is available. The refund will be for each day that is cancelled or he/she may put their course on hold until a new class is available and then recoup the remaining days.
Bank holidays and any other public national holidays cannot be recouped.
The student is entitled to a holiday of a maximum of 2 weeks for every 3 months of paid lessons. In this case, he/she must inform the reception in advance of the appropriate dates and then he/she may recoup those days at the end of the course.
If the student is sick for more than 1 week, he/she may recoup those days missed up to a maximum of 2 weeks provided that a doctor's certificate of illness is shown as proof.
Apart from classes missed due to proven sickness or a holiday request, no missed classes may be recouped.
BSGS College implements a strictly NO REFUND policy once payment has been made for a course of the student's own free choice. The student pays for TUITION by a qualiﬁed and trained teacher only, although the college will try its best to provide a good learning environment including adequate heating, ventilation, tidiness, chairs and whiteboards.
The only exception to the no-refund policy is in the rare event that the college is at fault. This includes:
1) If a class has to be cancelled (excluding mergers).
2) If the school is closed during normal school days (cg. for refurbishment etc.)
3) If a teacher is absent.
4) If a teacher fails to teach as required and expected (e.g. he wastes the whole lesson talking about irrelevant issues).
5) If a teacher is guilty of misconduct e.g. physical or verbal abuse.
If a student faces sudden extreme hardship or some other unpredictable circumstance such as bereavement in the family or an emergency which necessitates travelling abroad and thus prevents him/her from attending classes, it is up to the discretion of BSGS College whether to make certain allowances on compassionate and mitigating grounds. In such cases, no refund will be given although the college will facilitate the student either by:
1) Putting the course on hold for a period of up to one whole year from the time the college is informed. This will ensure that the student will not lose the remaining number of days, weeks or months of his/her course and he/she may return any time within a year to re—commence and complete his/her studies.
2) Allowing the student to transfer his/her remaining course duration over to a different student. In this case the original student can sell on the remaining weeks/months to another student at his/her own discretion without the college’s involvement. The new student can study in place of the former student up until the original course date ends.
STUDENT BEHAVIOUR & CONDUCT
Whilst on the college premises, all students are required to behave politely and in a civilised manner to both fellow students as well as teachers and other members of staff.
The teachers reserve the right to refuse to teach any student whose behaviour causes annoyance, distress or offence to others, including the teacher. If the student acts inappropriately in a minor and uncharacteristic way he will be warned or reprimanded by the teacher or manager of the college. If the matter is more serious in the eyes of the Head of the College, then BSGS reserves the right to expel the offending student immediately and cancel his/her course with any refunds being forfeited by the student.
If the student feels unhappy about any matter he/she may make complaints in person or in writing to the receptionist or Manager or Director. All complaints will be dealt with in conﬁdence.
LOSS, DAMAGE 0R THEFT
Neither BSGS College nor its members of staff are liable for any personal injury and/or loss of/damage to property on the college premises, whether by fire, burglary, theft evacuation or otherwise.
ACTS BEYOND HUMAN CONTROL
BSGS College is not liable for damages, cancellation of classes or closure of the college due to acts beyond human control (e.g. acts of nature/God) such as earthquakes, ﬂoods, lightning, fire, road accidents, explosions, terrorist attacks etc.
BSGS College makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of all printed and promotional material including its website, flyers and advertisements. All information is correct at the time of printing/publishing.
Our marketing material is meant for promotional purposes only and does not constitute any contractual agreement between the college and any other person.
The college reserves the right to change any information found herein as well as fees, class times etc. at any time and without prior notice if necessary.